The City of Delta has escalated its response to the COVID-19 pandemic to Tier 4 effective March 25, 2020. This is a proactive measure to slow the potential spread, impacts, and damage of COVID-19. According to CDPHE, at this time there is one confirmed case of COVID-19 in the County of Delta.
The following city closures and restrictions will be in place for the public beginning March 25, 2020 and will extend through April 11, 2020:
- All city buildings will be closed to public access.
- Essential city services including water, sewer, trash and law enforcement will continue.
- The Delta Police Department is open with officers still working 24/7 responding to calls with an altered response structure.
- City Council will meet virtually as scheduled. Meetings are open to the public via live virtual participation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for login information.
- City parks will remain open, but all public restrooms, shelters and equipment are closed for the duration of the emergency period. Maintenance staff may be working, but are not expected to interact with the public during this time.
- City Clerk will be continuing to work and will be available electronically.
- Municipal Court staff will be available electronically and will continue to carry out court- related services at the direction of the Municipal Judge.
- Bill Heddles Recreation Center is closed.
- Devil’s Thumb Golf Course is open. Please call for a tee time, no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Building Inspection hours will be 7:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Wednesday.
- Municipal Light & Power staff will be on duty 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Saturday. Call On-call number for service is 970-275-4897.
- Public Works & Utilities staff will be on duty 7:00am to 6:00pm Monday – Saturday. Call On-Call number for service 970-275-4923.
The City of Delta is continuing to closely monitor direction from local, state and federal agencies and will follow their guidance for the health and safety of the Delta community and city staff. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Important local COVID-19 public information:
- The Delta County Information Call Center, available at (970-874-2172) is open to calls Monday – Saturday from 8:00a – 6:00p.
- If you have general questions about COVID-19, you may call the state’s help line, CO HELP at 1-877-462-2911, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org or visit www.deltacounty.com/COVID-19.
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment page at: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus
- For Regional Resources visit Mesa County Health Department’s page at: http://health.mesacounty.us