The Town of Paonia is closely following the state and county health department direction regarding COVID-19. I have – and will continue – to maintain close contact with other communities in our county to share information and remain up to date as information becomes available.
What we are doing now:
- Confirming remote working capabilities for critical Town staff.
- Encouraging increased handwashing and routinely disinfecting commonly touched and inhabited areas of the Town Hall.
- The Tuesday night municipal election candidate forum will be held but is closed to public attendance. The forum will be live-streamed and archived via the Town of Paonia YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mZDPKrwEAf5T-x3Camtow
- We are postponing the scheduling of public meetings for upcoming projects including the Parks, Recreation, and Trails Master Plan and focusing on information sharing via e-mail and conference calls.
- I am participating is twice-weekly facilitated discussions via conference call with other members of Colorado City & County Management Association.
- I encourage all community members to mail in or pay utility bills online via the Town website: www.townofpaonia.com.
- The state and county have hotlines to keep up to date on information and for generally asked questions.
- Delta County Health Department’s hotline 970-874-2172 will be updated with the latest information on any Delta County cases that test positive at the state lab.
- People who have general questions about COVID-19, can call the state’s help line, CO HELP, at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English and Spanish (Español).
- For additional information on COVID-19, please visit the following resources:
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment page at: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/2019-novel-coronavirus.
- Centers for Disease Control page at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- For Regional Resources visit Mesa County Health Department’s page at https://health.mesacounty.us/news/.
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet (English)
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet (Spanish)