Technical College of the Rockies hosts a scholarship luncheon for its practical nursing students annually. This year through community-sponsored organizations, 26 scholarships were awarded to TCR practical nursing students, for a total of $15,500.
• The Delta Rotary Club was represented by David Torgler, president, Ed Sisson and Herbert Grigat. They awarded four scholarships of $1,000 each to Stephanie Belvill, Breanna Luce, Clover Markert and Eric Sanchez.
• Barclay/Davis Nursing Excellence Award was presented by Shari Barclay and Judy Davis. This scholarship went to Lauren Fritzler in the amount of $500. This scholarship is awarded to a student with high academic standing in the program. Donations may be made to this scholarship through TCR at any time.
• Horizons Care Center was unable to attend.Tony Bowling, TCR financial director and Cathy Hartt, director of nursing, together presented 11 scholarships. Ann Bailey received a scholarship for $1,000. Anameka Rutter, Rebecca Doll, Lauren Fritzler, Clover Markert, Iain Busby, Johnna Fachelle, Kylie Winn, Stephanie Belvill, Breanna Luce and Eric Sanchez were each presented with scholarships of $400.
• Beta Sigma Phi of Montrose was represented by Joan Pride and Ruth Heath. They honored both Ann Bailey and Iain Busby with $500 each. These scholarships come from the sale of the organization's annual pecan sales.
• North Fork Valley Rotary Club was represented by Tony Bowling. On behalf of Felix Belmont, he honored Johnna Fachelle with a $1,000 scholarship. Fachelle is a longtime resident of the North Fork Valley.
• Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks Lodge 1235 was represented by Clarence Mansker and Tom Rowan who awarded two students, Anameka Rutter and Rebecca Doll with $500 each.
• Rob Turner, president of the Bank of Colorado, was unable to attend. Cathy Hartt, nursing director, awarded the bank's $500 scholarship to Anameka Rutter.
Three memorial scholarships were also awarded to nursing students.
• The Alice Penick Memorial Nursing Scholarship was presented by the Philanthropic Education Organization (PEO) BK Chapter of Delta. Ann Renfrow, Susan Triebwasser, Carol Phelps and Birdie Young honored Stephanie Belvill with $500.
• The Katie Jo Park Memorial Nursing Scholarship was represented by Jessica Carlson and Donna Park. Miriam Gonzalez was awarded $1,000. Park was a graduate of the practical nursing program in 1999. She went on to get her RN and worked in the renal unit of Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs for 15 years.
• The Kelly Williams Memorial Scholarship.Jeanne Nortrup was present to present the scholarship on behalf of herself and Sherrey Williams of Northern California. Kylie Winn and Anameka Rutter each received $500.
The nursing staff and students at TCR would like to thank the community for their generosity and support.